GlobalPittsburgh arranged eight days of professional training from November 16-24, 2013 for a federally funded group of four information technology (IT) specialists from Russia and one facilitator in a group entitled Accountable Governance – IT Specialists.
Topics of interest to the group included IT innovation; IT educational policy; innovations implementation; IT market development trends; how informational technology is applied in educational system; promoting and applying new educational software products in educational institutions; how student are motivated to learn new technologies; policies for cloud technologies; and IT innovation projects for small and medium size business.
Meetings arranged by GlobalPittsburgh for the group included representatives of University of Pittsburgh Office of Technology Management, School of Information Sciences and Center for Instructional Development and Distance Education; the offices of Sen. Pat Toomey and Gov. Tom Corbett; Innovation Works; Project Olympus; Carnegie Libraries of Pittsburgh; Carnegie Mellon University CyLab; ServNet Technologies; Carnegie Speech Co., Duquesne University School of Law and Palumbo Donahue School of Business, where the group also made presentations; Allegheny County Intermediate Unit; Robert Morris University Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management; a networking dinner with local IT professionals, and a potluck dinner with members and friends of GlobalPittsburgh.
The group included:
- Ms. Darya Andreyevna Avilova, Government Programs and Industry Relations Analyst, at Skolkovo Institute of Science & Technology, in Skolkovo and Moscow Oblast.
- Ms. Mariya Aleksandrovna Milkova, Chief Business Development Officer for Statsoft-Russia, in Moscow.
- Ms. Olga Sergeyevna Ponomareva, CEO of Garant-Park-Internet, LLC, in Moscow.
- Ms. Kristina Yuryevna Zakharova, Business Development Manager, at ALP- Information System, LLC, in Moscow Oblast.
- Mr. Dmitriy Konstantinovich Popov, facilitator accompanying the group from Russia.
Members of the delegation stayed in the homes of GlobalPittsburgh host families during their visit.
View more photos of the group's visit at http://www.flickr.com/photos/globalpittsburgh/sets/72157637936279426/